Re: progress dialog mockups

On Sat, May 29, 2010 at 9:44 PM, Frederik Nnaji <frederik.nnaji@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> nice one!

+1!

> On Sat, May 29, 2010 at 01:37, dani planas armangue <
> daniplanas.a@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> i make a 2n round mockup.
>>
>> in this version I changed the icon to bars that rotate clockwise and
>> added icons representing applications in menu. hope you like.
>>

>> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Ayatana/ProgressIndication?action=AttachFile&do=view&target=progressvariation.png
>>

>> pd: i like more menu with app icons, but i prefer whel on panel.
>>

> i like this wheel, it's more generic, more symbolic, nice!
> i wouldn't mind this wheel replacing my nautilus file operations app
> indicator or the brasero one..
>
> as long as there are no other ideas for a pretty symbol to represent this,
> i can enjoy the idea of having this up in my panel! thanks dani

:-(, I actually liked the previous one better as it was more balanced. But I
don't really like the both - maybe the latter would be ok, but its current
proportions make me cringe.

Dani, one more thing: I understand the coloring, but would it be possible
make "close" buttons without coloring? I mean, make them monochrome, just
like the IM status in the panel bar? Maybe even make the squares with round
edges, to differentiate?

Btw, red wheel in the panel could mean an error during operation (which in
turn could be shown on click).

Otherwise, a really amazing work!

--
Alex Lourie