Presence Settings vs Notification

Hello List

Yet another harrassment from my side ;)

i'm still on my little Samsung NC-10 Netbook, the small resolution is
killing me sometimes, so i need to get the best of window management out of
this little toy..

Let's talk about *presence settings*, i.e. the stuff you can click in the IM
part of the Me Menu.

Let me start, by introducing my personal Use Case, which is not at all
limited to my netbook:

Composing an eMail, i decide that the text input area is too small, so i set
my UMA to fullscreen.
After editing the mail for about 2 minutes, i want to be sure i didn't miss
any important IMs; i don't want to disappoint anybody with late answers,
since my presence is currently set to "Available". In order to see if
anybody IMed me, i make sure, my keyboard has enough light, so i can find
the F11 key.. I never learnt finding Function Keys back when i practised
blind typing with our old typewriter about 20 years ago.
Now ready, i can search for, aim and hit F11 on my keyboard, to exit
fullscreen conveniently.
As i notice, there is no new IM waiting, so i won't disappoint anybody by
finishing my eMail first.

What i am proposing, in order to remedy this ridiculous situation, is to
tell notify-osd to show me bubbles above my fullscreen apps, when presence
is set to "available".

helpful to add, that sound notification is already active in fullscreen,
while bubbles are obviously being suppressed behind the foreground window?

Follow ups