Re: Sound menu mockups(Daniel.p)

First, to your question:
> - This menu has to be extensible to banshee too.
The plan, mentioned on the wiki page, is to use the MPRIS
specification. It should support any media player that supports that
specification.

I still think controlling individual app volumes could be rather
heavy, especially since many of them have poorly named audio streams
so we can end up with some horrible strings facing the user. However,
controlling the volume for each attached output device (as opposed to
a single “Master”, which Makes No Sense) would be an awesome middle
ground :)

It looks like we agree with each other about the music position slider
in mockup 1. (You removed it in #2. Yay!)
It adds a lot of extra weight, especially as another horizontal
slider. I envision people immediately trying that to change the volume
with that, then being confused as they end up at a different point in
a song. It's unclear to me why we want it anyway. What is so important
about scrubbing through a piece of music that people need to do this
within a click of whatever else they are doing? If it's a good song,
why does it matter how much longer it is?

Thanks,
Dylan