Re: Sound menu mockups(Daniel.p)

beautiful once again!

On Mon, May 31, 2010 at 22:18, dani planas armangue
<daniplanas.a@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Hi again,
>
> I recreated the models that ayatana hoist for the menu sound but with a
> little more love.
>
> I have also added my own model concept. do you think?
>
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Incoming/Maverick/daniel%20sound%20menu
>
> question:
>
> - Do not need the menu handle playlists, for it is the program itself.

+1
playlist and library management are tasks for Nautilus or Rhythmbox.
Perhaps a Rhythmbox plugin for Nautilus would help, then e.g. "Move to" and
"Copy to" could both show "Music" as a category/folder for compatible files.
Furthermore, such a plugin would use Nautilus' search and its list view
columns to display the items in the Music "flat", i.e. as in "Search
Resutls" by default, thereby acting pretty much like the music library view
of Rhythmbox, for starters.

- Entries need to show or close the program

+1
Thank you!
i would prefer the "show" and "close" items to appear as buttons, rather
than flat text.

> - This menu has to be extensible to banshee too.

of course, yes. It will show any one application that i am using to play
currently.
Question is, should an application disappear after a certain while, if it is
paused?
Or should an application never disappear from the menu, until it is in
"STOP" or the app itself has quit?

> coments?

wonderful work..
please keep the transport control buttons large for fitt's law stuff..