Re: Chrome desktop notifications (and APIs)

> I've just read about new (or, rather new) desktop notifications that
> are or going to be provided with Chrome APIs [1] (And that's awesome,
> as this may help developing interesting workflows with browser).
>

> But the design of these notifications differ significantly from the
> Ubuntu indicator styles and will make users crazy when integrated.
> Should there be any effort to
> make them more consistent with indicator styles?
>

> [1] - http://code.google.com/chrome/extensions/notifications.html

My first suggestion would be adding a google chrome entry to the
Messaging Menu. Those bubbles seem to have a single point of
interactivity, which is the "options" button. If that's the case,
such interactivity could be the result of clicking on its entry
on the messaging menu.

Of course, this goes slightly against the goals of the Messaging
Menu, which is for messages in the "human to human" sense.
Perhaps it's a good time to restart the discussion about an
equivalent of the messaging menu, but for desktop messages?