Re: Chrome desktop notifications (and APIs)

On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 4:05 PM, Shane Fagan <shanepatrickfagan@xxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Hey Alex,
>
> Its not just in chrome. Its going to be in the HTML5 spec too. It would
> be very easy to write an extension to chromium to handle all the
> notifications natively. I dont have the time to fiddle about with
> chromium's extensions but im sure we could do it in the future.

Hi Shane

Thanks for the explanation. I understand the concept better now, but still I
feel that there's a potential for inconsistency here. It means that our
Messaging Menu will provide notifications in one style, and browser will do
it differently.

This may confuse users, and I am just trying to raise a <color> flag here,
so we know about this issue.

--
Alex Lourie