Re: Collecting up Messaging Menu applications

On 2 June 2010 15:56, Jorge O. Castro <jorge@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>  * Jono is working on a process for application authors to quickly
> (heh) get applications into the Software Center. This kind of
> application is perfect for this sort of thing:
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PostReleaseApps/Process
>  * Authors would appreciate the exposure to help get testing, new
> contributors, etc.
>  * Users would end up getting these cool new apps in a less complicated way.

So great! It is very important to make users aware of that. The
problem is solved for desktop applications by automatically adding
them to the menu, but for web applications we need another visible
solution.

Here are just some of those that were asking via Launchpad:
Thunderbird 1: https://answers.edge.launchpad.net/indicator-applet/+question/91891
Thunderbird 2: https://answers.edge.launchpad.net/indicator-applet/+question/112545
Gmail: https://answers.edge.launchpad.net/indicator-applet/+question/110599
qutIM: https://answers.edge.launchpad.net/qutim/+question/112808