Collecting up Messaging Menu applications

Hi everyone,

I ran into this yesterday:
http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2010/05/add-more-apps-to-ubuntu-messaging-menu.html

... and I realized that more and more people are making applications
for the messaging menu and they're all over the place. We should
embrace this enthusiasm for the technology with some organization so
we can get this goodness out to users. I've started this wiki page
here: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MessagingMenu/Applications

Reasons for this:

 * We need to make it more obvious to app developers that we can help
them use the Messaging Menu (and app indicators, and the application
menu, etc.)
 * Getting application authors talking to /each other/ can be a big
collaboration win.
 * Some people like to develop, not package, some people are opposite,
this will help us connect those two groups and get people using this
stuff.
 * Jono is working on a process for application authors to quickly
(heh) get applications into the Software Center. This kind of
application is perfect for this sort of thing:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PostReleaseApps/Process
 * Authors would appreciate the exposure to help get testing, new
contributors, etc.
 * Users would end up getting these cool new apps in a less complicated way.

So, as you run into these applications, please feel free to add them
to the wiki. Perhaps an author has an application but doesn't know how
to set up a PPA, you can help point them in the right direction, etc.
If you need any help with any of these apps let me know!

--
Jorge Castro
jorge (at) ubuntu.com

Follow ups