Re: Software Center Donate Button

Who would get to decide where the money goes? Should Canonical just
give the cash to someone hanging on the project's irc channel? Or
should there be some kind of verification process, where the main
developer needs to prove he actually wrote most of the software? Who
would be paying salary to the people running the verification process?

Should there be some formal way of proving that the donated funds are
used for further development of the software, or are we rather giving
a reward for the work that has been already done? If additional work
is required to cash out the funds, how should we monitor that? Should
the cash be given to anyone that contributes to the project in anyway?
Does helping users on the irc count?

  --Toni