Re: Software Center Donate Button

Akshat, I think having a donate button in Software Center (SC) would be a
great thing. However, mixing money and volunteer development is a
complicated matter and it's important that such a proposal get support from
a wide audience of developers and contributors.

I don't believe this is possible for Maverick SC. However, Maverick is
supposed to have one app that is available for purchase instead of for free.
This app will give the Launchpad/SC teams the opportunity to live-test
purchasing functionality so that a future release (perhaps Maverick+1) can
offer more apps for sale. And if that goes well, that would be a good time
for someone to write a "donate" implementation to piggy back off the
built-in infrastructure. So, it's possible but will take time.

Jeremy Bicha