Re: mail-indicator, as an improvement of evolution-indicator

Hi Guido ;)

On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 17:19, guido iodice <guido.iodice@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Mail indicator should:

With "Mail Indicator" you mean the "Messaging Menu" I suppose?

> a) share account configuration from Evolution (of Thunderbird, if
> installed)

+1 on sharing account configuration.
i don't understand why until today my DE doesn't know SMTP and has no way of
sending something to someone, if i select "send per eMail" from the file
menu e.g. in open office.

Using a prothesis such as Evolution or Thunderbird to accomplish this task
doesn't seem efficient to me. Why won't GNOME simply talk to the SMTP server
directly and send what i want to send?

The inclusion of libfolks into telepathy should remedy much of the questions
associated with autocompleting contact's email addresses upon typing.

I Totally agree on the point, that it is easier to have a 21st century biff
running, than to hog CPU and RAM with a totally redundant software suite.