Re: Consistent Issues: Smart Search

Aah yeah!
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gtk+2.0/+bug/387957

On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 13:11, David Siegel <david.siegel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Paper cut! I'm pretty sure this is already reported.
>
> Also, this is not a \focus-stealing issue per se, in that it involves
> input focus within a single window and not multiple windows contending
> for focus.

Thx for the hint ;)
I'm sure we can do better on the entire "File" menu design and
functionality, 's why i wasn't shy about starting an extra thread on this.

"Save as" deserves to have an incrementally learning history of folders, as
well as a button for "choose target manually".

The focus here should lie on building the "AI" for folder history (perhaps
via Zeitgeist) and for learning what might be the most likely target for the
file to be saved (better automagic handling of filetypes / MIMEs for UMAs)