Re: Fwd: Open Letter: The issues with client-side-window-decorations

On Sat, 2010-06-05 at 23:31 -0400, Scott Kitterman wrote:
> So I think it's worth continuing the conversation.  I'm personally quite
> concerned that we are about to have a permanent split between GTK/Gnome and
> Qt/KDE on this topic that will make future work on desktop consistency much
> more difficult.

Why couldn't Qt support themes that specify the window title as well?
There's already work on keeping the theming across toolkits, it seems
like this just extends it.  I don't see this as creating a larger gap as
before to get consistency you need to make a GTK, Qt, KWin, Compiz and
Metacity theme (they pull from each other, but you need to check them
all) and now you just have to make a larger GTK and Qt theme.

		--Ted