Re: Fwd: Open Letter: The issues with client-side-window-decorations

On Mon, 2010-06-07 at 13:50 -0400, Scott Kitterman wrote:

> Can't Kwin/Metacity/Compiz be extended to support this?  If it could,
> that
> would do a lot more for overall consistency than CSD.  Chromium is my
> one
> experience with CSD so far and it supports my concerns that once CSD
> is
> supported in GTK, there will be no consistency among applications on
> the
> desktop.

I agree with this line of thought, as much as I like the hype around
google's chrome browser and by extension the chromium browser, surely
there is a way to fix gtk and chromium so that we don't loose the
structure of server side decorations and introduce a new form of entropy
into the desktop.

Decaying decorations.

Martin,