Re: Putting some brakes on the enthusiasm

> The fact that the community could do these things by themselves is a
> valid point indeed. I agree with it. However, the fact that you would
> love to see patches from the community is not very clear. If I feel
> the community correctly I think that many people seem to assume that
> most of the work is done or will be done by your team. If it is in the
> specification than, so they think, it will be done by Canonical
> anyway, we can just sit back and wait for the features to land.

Precisely. As far as I know, Mark's last email was the *first time
ever* that it was mentioned that more work will be put on NotifyOSD
only for 11.04. If this was more clearly stated, people would have
less false expectations based on the specifications and maybe some
useful GSoC projects could've been started, with community developers
being aware that they wouldn't be duplicating efforts.