Re: The Me Menu and specific applications

On Tue, 2010-06-08 at 21:18 +0200, Conscious User wrote:
> More and more applications are adopting the Messaging Menu
> and users are getting more choices for taking advantage of
> it. But what about the Me Menu? Are there plans to
> establish an API that all IM/microblog app developers
> can use to communicate with it?

We've discussed it a few times.  And I think it's a good idea.  But I
don't think anyone has really proposed anything.  What do you think it
should look like? :)

I haven't looked at the full schedule for Me Menu yet, but I would
imagine most of the Canonical developer time is going to be sucked up
into the switching of networks and character count features for
Maverick.  So, unless a contribution comes from the community it'll
probably have to considered for a M+1 feature :(

		--Ted