Re: What should be Gwibber's behavior when acessed from the messaging menu?

> > And, for both cases, the same question remains: what
> > should happen when you click on the indicator? This
> > is particularly hairy when you consider that the
> > user can have multiple streams being shown, and
> > there might be intersections among those streams
> > (ex: one stream for Twitter, other for all replies)
> >

> Good questions!

And no answers so far! I'd love to hear some opinions
from the usability experts around here. :)

Maybe an interesting approach would be giving Gwibber
the ability to show detached broadcasts in a
separated "conversation window". Providers such as
identi.ca and Facebook support threaded broadcasts,
and this would be a way of showing them.

When using the regular Gwibber window, those thread
windows would be accessed with something like
right click on broadcast -> "show thread this
message belongs to" or similar, and they would
be the thing that opens up when you click a
message entry in the messaging menu.