Re: What should be Gwibber's behavior when acessed from the messaging menu?

> The simplest answer would be to say that the click should take you as
> close to the "thing you clicked on" as possible.
>
> So, for example, if the messaging app is saying "Jane Silber     14m"
> (i.e. you got a message from Jane Silber 14 minutes ago) and you click
> on it, you want to see that message. If it's saying "Ayatana, the n...
> (23)" (i.e. there are 23 new comments on your blog post) then clicking
> that should take you to where you can see those 23 messages most
> immediately.

That gives two possibilities for Gwibber that I can think of now:

1) Opening a small window, exclusive for that specific message (or
perhaps the thread it is included on), like I suggested before.

2) Automatically focusing and scrolling a stream to place the
specific message on top, and perhaps highlight it with a
different color. This is a problem when Gwibber has multiple
streams open. Some sub-possibilities are:

  a) Do that on the first stream (for example from left to
     right) that contains the post. If no stream contains
     the post, open a new one that does.

  b) Always open a new, temporary stream exclusively for
     the unread messages.

I like (1), particularly if Gwibber intends to support
Facebook/identi.ca threads in the future.

Thoughts?