Should we change how/when Release Notes are displayed?

I seldom go to the actual Ubuntu home page:

http://www.ubuntu.com/

But today, after corresponding with Steve Langasek here:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/grub2/+bug/576724

I gave things a look and while it looks good where's the suggestion to read the Release Notes before proceeding?

I do a lot of distro hopping just to see what's going on elsewhere, so I always read, study, read, study ........ but many don't!

So, should we change how and/or when Release Notes are displayed?

I sort of picture a "pop-up" when the download begins suggesting one read the release notes. Then again that may be obtrusive.

Just something I felt worth giving thought to ;^)

Follow ups