Re: Idea: windicator add-ons, an extensible window border

So you would mainly create this API for final users for the file system or
also for the global menu?

I am just a bit concerned that there will be too many windicators
(with consequentially too similar icons). The operations you can do with
files in the filesystem can be so many. I like personalization, I think it's
an important part in Linux, I am just a bit concerned on the visual
implications. Having an icon for any script someone can think of might bring
to big consistency problems from computer to computer like "is that the same
icon I have on mine?".

Cheers, chr