Re: Fwd: Open Letter: The issues with client-side-window-decorations

On 09/06/10 19:23, Conscious User wrote:
> Now, I'd feel a lot more confortable if someone steps
> in and says "a hung window can still be easily closed
> when using CSD because of technical reasons X, Y and Z".

A hung window can still be easily closed when using CSD because the
position of the close button will be known to the window manager and
clicks there handled appropriately even if the client fails to process
them.Likewise, "suppose we want a sparkle effect" or "suppose

> we want to draw a circle" or "suppose we want to do
> this thing that kwin already does without CSD" does not
> exactly inspire confidence enough to convince anyone
> that CSD is worthy of all the problems Martin brought up.
>
> One use case. *ONE*. A single one. Solid, reasonable
> and non-speculative. It is all he is asking for. And
> as a particularly vocal protester against the
> window buttons change, I'm interested on it as well.

We want themes straightforwardly to define the look of the entire
window, and not have to negotiate that with the window manager.

Mark