Re: How do I know when I'm connected to the network successfully?

On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 9:06 AM, Scott Kitterman <ubuntu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> "Mark Shuttleworth" <mark@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> >Just so folks are clear on direction:
> >
> > - we would like to move to Connection Manager ("connman") in due
> >course, for its cleaner, more pluggable, testable and maintainable
> >architecture
> > - we have a detailed, signed-off design for the indicator associated
> >with that at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Networking
> > - MPT is working on supporting designs, such as settings
> > - implementation has started on the indicator and code contributions
> >are welcome
> > - we aim to use this for 10.10 Netbook Edition (not desktop) unless it
> >fails badly
>
> Is the eventual plan for Ubuntu Desktop to move to conman as well (if so
> now is the time for other flavors to start looking into transition)?

"Ubuntu will integrate Connection Manager
<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ConnMan> (a.k.a.
ConnMan), with a human interface — a settings window and a network menu —
designed to cover networking in general, including network setup, proxy, and
firewall settings."

It seems to be the eventual goal, according to the design specs.