Re: Windicators

> Hmm... here is a quote from Mark in an earlier thread that I started:
>
> "For designing indicators, ask yourself:
>
>  - what is the *status* I am conveying, and
>  - what options are there to manipulate that status?
>
> If you don't have both, especially the status, don't use an indicator.
> Use a menu."
>
> So... what's the "status" for the Gimp and F-spot mockups? Scale and tags
> don't seem to fit at all with the original Windicator idea. In fact the only
> one that seems to fit the status argument is the Firefox one, but you can't
> manipulate the status so it shouldn't be a Windicator
>
> Luke.

To be a little more productive, here are some ideas :)

Evolution:
   Connection status -
      Icons: Connected / Disconnected

Firefox:
   Connection status -
     Icons: Connected / Disconnected
   Ad-blocking Active -
     Icons: Coloured Adblock logo / Greyed Adblock logo
   Javascript Active:
     Icons: Coloured cog / Greyed Cog
   Bookmarked status:
     Icons: Yellow star / Empty grey outlined star

Gedit:
    Save Status -
       Icons: Coloured disk / Greyed Disk

Luke.