Secure Identity Design

Dear Ayatana,

Myself and a few others have been working on a concept to improve the
functionality and ease of use of the gpg key system we use. This project
code named starfish[1] would be hopefully something average users can
discover and take advantage of as well as making it easier for us geeks
to deal with.

I would really like your critique of these rough designs for the system:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Starfish/Design

I have attempted to show the workflow from not having an identity
(published gpg key) to discovering the possibility, setting it up and
then creating a network of trust.

What I am most unsure about is linking the concept of trust with the
idea of 'friendship', I couldn't think of a better way to explain the
link between people. Perhaps if any of you have some good ideas you
could share them with us.

Best Regards, Martin Owens

[1] https://launchpad.net/starfish
Tags: python, gpg, encryption, identity, trust

Follow ups