Re: [Usability] GNOME Main Menu and the Distribution Logo

I believe that branding should be present whenever the GNOME Panel is
present, but it shouldn't be welded to "Applications" on the Main Menu
applet. Branding is just that important for a default GNOME setup.

The thing with the Panel is, applets should work in harmony. We should
consider the behavior, positioning, appearance, etc. of other applets when
touching one applet. The distro icon should be removed from "Applications,"
but it should be moved somewhere else (in another position in the applet or
on another applet). That's just if the Main Menu is being used. If something
like the SLAB menu replaces it, it's a whole new story.

Regards,
Allan
http://live.gnome.org/AllanCaeg