Re: Yet another discussion on window resizing

On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 10:33, Dylan McCall <dylanmccall@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The resize control should go _behind_ the window, not in front of
> it. That way it sticks out from the window but doesn't interfere with
> anything in the client area. (As drawn there, it would become very
> difficult for some people to use scroll bars).

What about resizing windows where that corner, or the whole edges, or even
all edges are are already at a screen edge/corner?

My current identi.ca status is a pet peeve of mine: many applications try to
remember their size, and then forget their maximized/restored status, or
possibly full-screen status. The result is that you can open a program,
maximize, close, and come back to it later... then it'll look maximized, but
not quite be, so some part of the window ends up obscured by a panel. Evince
is the latest offender here.

--
Jeremy Nickurak -= Email/XMPP: jeremy@xxxxxxxxxxx =-