Re: Yet another discussion on window resizing - where does the problem lie?

Hello,

Am 23.06.2010 09:20, schrieb Vishnoo:

I'v never found the need to resize firefox&  evolution [always
maximized] or the various prefs dialogue windows[which have the right
size].

Don't forget that there are users that do not always maximize their windows. This will be even more common in the future, because it doesn't make sense to maximize firefox etc. on a 24" screen. The only application I ever maximize on such a screen is Eclipse.

Rarely resize certain windows - eg: nautilus,xchat,liferea,terminal.
These remember the last size I had set them to and they open in the same
size[seems to be the case with almost every application in the default
install]. Which I rarely adjust more than once. The most common action I
do with them is maximize.

I often resize terminals, editors and evince and arrange them so that I can view all of them, for example when looking at a manual or a paper, doing something on the command line and writing some text about it.

So window resizing is IMHO an important action, and I think it's a little bit too difficult to grab the resize handle in Lucid.

Greetings, Philipp