WWW Connection State Awareness

Hello MPT, Hi everyone..

I'd like to pick this topic up, since it is important and it looks like it's
currently sleeping.

How do i know if i am connected to the internet successfully?
Is there an indicator to inform me about that particular state?
Obviously not, with all the stuff i have up there, i have no secure way of
knowing if i'm "online" or not.

On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 18:58, Matthew Paul Thomas <mpt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> [...] But as of 10.04, this button is
> shown only if both (a) the installer knows of a critical issue about
> installation in particular and (b) there is an Internet connection.
> Release notes are not shown for upgrades at all.

How does the installer know whether there is an internet connection?
Couldn't we use that information to tell an indicator to inform the user
about that state?

Follow ups