Places > People

Dear ML,

we have been enjoying the concept of Places for quite a few Ubuntu releases
now.
So far, Places are organized in the following categories:

Personal
Devices
Network

most of the preset Places are within Personal, for example "Downloads",
"Videos", "Documents" or "Ubuntu One".
Quite obviously there is a lot to discuss here, since David Siegel
introduced us to the concept of "Applications" as a place and also suggested
metacontacts to be displayed as a Place..

i have some questions that might help kick off the discussion here:
1. Where was the spec wiki for the Applications Place again?
2. In which of the above categories would you prefer to see "Contacts"..
Personal or rather Network? or perhaps a new "People" category?
3. What do you know about the concept of "Places" and how happy are you with
the current implementation of it?

David suggested we discuss specifically the integration of metacontacts in
Unity's launcher, so please ppl, let it happen ;)

Follow ups