Condensed menuitems

Jorge Castro just pinged me and showed me the following:

http://googlesystem.blogspot.com/2010/06/google-chrome-tests-unified-menu.html

Kind of interesting, and I thought I'd post it to the list (if it hasn't
already been posted) and see what our design-minded community thinks of
these types of condensed menuitems.  They strike me as potentially
interesting since we're always looking for ways to save vertical space on
UNE.

The obvious issue is that accelerator/shortcut labels are not displayed for
these items.  Another potential issue is that it could affect the feel of
left/right keying between menus.  This is not really an issue so much for
Chrome since they only have one menu here.

/ Cody

Follow ups