Re: mail indicator not consistency

On Wed, 2010-07-07 at 12:55 +0200, Philipp Wendler wrote:
> But the point is, it behaves similarly for phone calls and for IM (the
> latter also lead to vibration and screen message).

>From my personal use of the phone, I don't see how this would be
desirable. For example, I routinely set the Blackberry to ring for
calls, but shut up for email. This is because I get lots of email, but
few calls, and usually I want to catch the calls I get. Many similar
needs could easily be constructed as use cases, I would think.

Phones solve these neatly by user-configurable profiles. Of course the
default could be what you suggest, but I don't think it should be
limited to that.