Messaging menu - telepathy-indicator

I have been working on telepathy-indicator, as a replacement for the
current empathy patch we have been maintaining for messaging menu
integration.

I have hit a couple of issues, which I think make it not practical to
get into Maverick.  Perhaps we can address the last couple of issues and
get some good stabilization time in a PPA for Maverick+1.

 * Should notifications be handled by empathy or telepathy-indicator?
   - If empathy isn't running, but you are logged on with
     mission-control-5, you will get indicators for new chats but no
     notifications. Perhaps we should honor notification settings from
     empathy, and if using the messaging menu suppress notifications
     from empathy and display notifications via telepathy-indicator.

 * telepathy-glib doesn't provide an API for PendingMessages and
   PendingMessagesRemoved. These are needed to hide the indicator event
   if the chat was focused without activating it from the messaging
   menu. We also need to add an indicator when new messages arrive in an
   existing chat, that isn't focused. As a work around we could connect
   the signals directly over DBus, but I haven't investigated that yet.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/TelepathyIndicator

Feedback?  Thoughts?

Thanks,
--Ken