Re: Browser Offline Message

> It's on my radar for ConnectionManager that there should be a standard
> API for telling whether there is an Internet connection or not, and for
> invoking a troubleshooting assistant if there isn't. Then Web browsers,
> e-mail programs, IM clients, and so on can integrate it as suits their
> individual interfaces.

Which reminds me: NetworkManager does have such an API already, and
there are applications that rely on it (Liferea, for example). As I
don't see other distros leaving NM for CM as Ubuntu intends to do in
a near future, perhaps it's time to start thinking about drafting a
standard that both managers should follow.