Re: Browser Offline Message

Hmmm, it seems I didn't actually send my original response to the list,
so I'll resend it again...

On Mon, 2010-08-16 at 17:13 -0400, Martin Owens wrote:

> Before I fixed it though I wanted to see how the user assessed the
> problem and tried to fix it:
>
>  . Loaded Firefox using the quick link on the top pannel
>  . Got the yahoo search page (looks like we're online)
>  . Tried to navigate to mail.yahoo.com
>  . Got a message warning that firefox was in offline mode.

This bit should already work, and is a bug that it doesn't. Firefox
detects the network state and switches to offline mode automatically if
there is no connectivity. The default home page should automatically
redirect to an offline page in this case. However, for some reason, the
redirect doesn't work for the first time when starting up in offline
mode.

This is on my list of things to look at already when I get some time.

Regards
Chris