Re: unity and notifications

On Wed, 2010-09-15 at 18:35 +0100, Michael Jonker wrote:
> this can get in the way - especially considering that many apps,
> especially on the graphics sides of things, have their toolbar in that
> location. I have been caught a few times where I have had to wait for
> the notification to fade out before I could continue working.

But Ubuntu notifications fade out as soon as you move the mouse there
(or do I misunderstand you?).

This was /the/ big change in Ubuntu's notifications a few releases ago,
and along with the non-existing close button in the bubble it caused a
lot of controversy initially. I think this worked out pretty great in
the end and diminished the obtrusiveness of bubble notifications.