Re: progress indication

Yes yes yes!!!

On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 09:45, dani <lightgraphite@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> some time ago in this mailing list, started to talk about a possible
> progress indicator

thanks for staying at it, this one really will eliminate at least 10 other
design problems we have been discussing, is what my common sense tells me!

> now we have many types of disordered and different progress:
>
> -Nautilus (it hasn't mono icon for indicator )
> -Firefox (ends at the right corner of the screen)
> "Brasero (it use another indicator)

- Transmission (has its own systray icon, too)
- Tracker search (has its own systray icon while indexing)

> I did a mockup on the wiki, hope you like:
>
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Ayatana/ProgressIndication
> (daniel concept part)

i like!! thanks a lot, this is an important step towards cleaning up both
notifications and the "notification area". I hope people understand the
underlying concept and discuss the higher-level implementation..