Re: Panel Applet Icons

Hi Sohail, thanks for this note!

On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 04:47, Sohail Mirza <mirzmaster@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Greetings to the Aytana List,
>
> I had a colleague point something out to me today; he had managed to
> accidentally delete the Session indicator applet from his panel, and was
> wondering how to restore the applet.  Two issues made this difficult for
> him:
>
>    1. There is no UI for restoring the panel to the default configuration.

Now is a good time to talk about configuration defaults and how to get back
to them, after changing a setting manually. Every setting or option should
have a "return to default" button somewhere close, either for the entire
page of settings, or for the individual setting, as it is in compiz config
settings manager (
http://wiki.compiz.org/CCSM?action=AttachFile&do=view&target=advsearch.png..
note the brush for "return to default")

This way, even if i break something by customizing it, which should actually
not be possible and would indicate a design flaw, i can still restore the
default state which works.