Re: [Fwd: Re: Presence via Me Menu]

On Thu, Dec 16, 2010 at 18:30, frederik.nnaji@xxxxxxxxx <
frederik.nnaji@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Semantically, "Available" is the default state², unless something else is
> specified.
> "Offline" in fact means "Chat (Off)".
> (Users are more familiar with the simple ON/OFF metaphor, than with
> complicated multi state control interfaces)
> ..Chat=Off ..in which case, as i mentioned above, Presence controls might
> as well be disabled / greyed out.

wow.. what a remarkable sloppyness on my side.
Of course, Presence controls will not be greyed out! We need them for local
system behaviour.
That was the one thing that kept me from understanding the problem at hand.

Once this bug is properly handled, Presence can be used to control local
notification behaviour and schedules in relation to how i am currently
"busy", "away" or "available".

If we look at "invisible" aka "hidden", we should look at it as a state that
will also be relevant locally, not only to the web.
It is orthogonal to Presence, that's for sure, since it regulates whether
Presence should be published via IM or not.

so.. what could the local relevance of "Invisible" aka "hidden" be?
is there any?