Re: Me & Messaging Indicator Menu

Hi everyone,

On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 12:42 AM, frederik.nnaji@xxxxxxxxx <
frederik.nnaji@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I thought of Tabs, and i still do, i guess i just wanted to prove to myself
> that all this stuff fints vertically into one single unified menu.
> Making it pretty to reduce clutter and confusion is the next step.
> Tabs would appear as a block of Icons In the panel.

Tabs inside a menu don't look nice, imo.
Tabs on the panel: then, which are the difference between having different
indicators/menus in the panel?

I don't think it would be a good idea to unit Me and Messaging Menu on a
single Menu, it looks too cluttered.
I prefer to properly separate the functions (not services) on each of the
Menus:
* Messaging Menu: inbox (get new mail, get new IM, get social messages,
etc..)
* Me Menu: outbox (set presence status, write new mail, write new IM
messages, broadcast new "social message", etc...)

And maybe it could be a good idea to put them two together on the
panel, without the Time/Date Menu between them as it is now.

Cheers!