Re: Intellihide

I agree with you frederik!!

I do not know about Unity community but... I think panel is what created to
make it easier for people to access and manage their application. A
persistent panel is a vital part of any operating system, including Windows,
Mac, Solaris, and Ubuntu.

However, the only problem right now with Unity is that the left panel's
width is too big... That big fat panel is not gonna save users any more
screen space...

I do not think the panels need to be hidden. Rather, its width should be
reduced (to be equal the size of the top panel) to make Unity looks better
and be a true "small-screen computing revolution".When users point the mouse
in any icon in the left panel, the icon will enlarge or blinking (depends on
users' choices).

I have read lots of thread and forum discussing about Unity's panels... The
main reasons making lots of users hating it is because it has bad appearance
(the left panel is the cause of the problem)

So those are just my thoughts... Feel free to comment!!