Re: I don't think global menu and the panel is good for a touch OS

On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 18:06, Conscious User <conscioususer@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> >         I'm particularly interested in this issue. I like the show on
> >         hover,
> >         but how is it going to be addressed in touch devices?
> >
> > eye-tracking?
>

> I'm not talking about the future. I'm asking how the designers are
> handling this issue *now*, for Natty.

Nielsen introduced the concept 17 years ago already, but i guess i was still
being humorous with a taste of "direction".
It is futile to attempt to solve a problem that does not yet exist.
The common desktop is pointer-based, the AppMenu's pupose is a transitional
one, we don't need a GlobalMenu or AppMenu where we are going, that's why my
future talk.
Of course, if you think a 24px bar is a useful UI in a touch-oriented
environment, i will not agree.