Re: Put a resize widget in the title bar

On Sat, Dec 25, 2010 at 19:21, Sam Spilsbury <smspillaz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Sun, Dec 26, 2010 at 1:17 AM, Frederik Nnaji
>
> > In bluetile (thanks OmegaYear), adjacent gridded windows share 1 border,
> > so if you move it, you resize both windows at the same time.
> >

> You mean like a tiling wm kind of thing?
>
> That would be kind of cool to implement. I had thought about the best
> way to do this, but it is tricky, I'd need to sit down and figure out
> the most natural way to combine a floating and tiling wm in this case.
> I've wanted to do it for some time, just, I have had no time to do it
> yet.

yes exactly, that would make Unity awesome!
Now in the near future i see a shift away from [ close ] [ minimize ] [
maximize ] coming to us.
Unity doesn't support minimizing. Either the window is closed / hidden or it
is maximized|unmaximized.
So the new Window Control buttons would be [ hide ] [ Min | Max ] [ tile |
float ]

What do you think?
Wouldn't that solve the problem?