Re: Regarding the Sound Menu Spec's closing of inactive audio applications

This here was and is imo be the most clear and straightforward contribution
to the problem this thread is trying to address:

On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 14:36, Matthew Paul Thomas <mpt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> A window's close button should close the window. Anything else the
> program does should aim for the least overall distraction.

In the perfect implementation, Rhythmbox or Banshee would then have a way of
continuing playback where you last left off..
Meaning even if Rhythmbox or Banshee was quit somehow, it should resume
right where you left it upon quit, by simply pressing the Play button in the
Sound Menu's playback controls.

If R or B would take longer to load because it was unfortunately quit
beforehand, then so be it, but "distraction" here would be to make the user
stopped.

2011/2/15 Brett Cornwall <brettcornwall@xxxxxxxxx>

> On 02/15/2011 04:06 AM, Martín Soto wrote:
>
>> People turn their computers off from time to time. You cannot expect
>> everyone to have his/her computer running (or, at least suspended) day and
>> night in an endless session.
>>
> My argument is not against session saving - it's against the behavior of
> closing the media player instead of hiding it to the indicators (like the
> rest of the housed applications). I advise you re-read the messages.

Nothing wrong with session saving imo, even though it never really worked in
GNOME, not even for Nautilus windows, which imo is a sad thing (or did i
use/configure it wrongly?).