Re: Design problem: Menus hidden by default in Unity

On Fr, 2011-03-18 at 19:15 +0100, Mitja Pagon wrote:
>  I agree with you, though, that a hint to their existence and anchor
> (left-of-the-File-menu) would be nice. That can come in a refinement,
> mockups and patches welcome.

Please forgive me if I provide no link, but there's either a bug report
in LP where the right people participated, IIRC including the SABDFL, or
it was some blog post, in which it was stated that the actual plan was
to fade-in the menus when the mouse moves in their direction. It was
described as similar to the Notify-OSD bubbles (but becoming *more*
visible on approach, obviously). However, X does  currently not want to
play this game.