Re: Design problem: Menus hidden by default in Unity

On Mon, 2011-03-28 at 06:27 -0700, Lance wrote:

A couple of problems come to mind with "fixed window sizes". In all cases one must consider that I have very poor visual acuity.

Hmm? I did not mention that the windows need to be a fixed size only or
to remove any feature. :-)

What I was replying to MPT is that a "maximized" state is not a feature
to be rooting for. And as a consequence we should look into having a
good default for apps (including those which need a maximum size
window).

I just mentioned what the default size could be, and how to get to an
ideal default size for most users.
(of-course we should be able to resize the windows, and we need to put
more effort and thought into tiling ).

--
Cheers,
Vish