11.04 Comboboxes

So, among the many changes for 11.04, I've noticed one particular change
that irks me to no end: Comboboxes have been switched to now have arrows
pointing both up and down (much as presented on Mac OS X I've been told) but
are still inconsistent about click behavior.

An example: Go to Power Management preferences and click the combobox for
action to take on laptop lid closing, a menu will appear and you can choose
an item at your leisure. Now, go run CCSM and go to the Unity plugin's
settings, click on the combobox for hide behavior and it appears nothing
happens. The two boxes look the same, but for one, you have to seemingly
arbitrarily click and hold the combobox to select items and the other you
don't. An even better example, I see THREE different comboboxes used in the
Software Sources dialog: 1) In the Ubuntu Software tab, a click and hold
combobox. 2)In the Updates tab a combobox that you can type in for some
reason.(The Check for updates one) 3) Below that in the Updates tab as well,
a combobox with the "correct behavior. (The Release upgrade combobox)

I have to hope beyond hope that this isn't the first time this is being
brought up, and hope there is something in the works. But having three
different kinds of the same box in one dialog that is made by Canonical is
mildly disheartening.

Follow ups