Live video of real user window switching + Interesting documentation info

Hi All,

I gave a lightning talk at the Flourish Open Source Conference this past
weekend about how Gnome is using the documentation syntax Mallard for user
help in Gnome 3. The talk was recorded by Carl Karsten, hero video recorder
of PyCon and various Linux-y events. (We are lucky to have him in Chicago.)

During my talk, I attempted to switch between windows with Unity, and had
more than a few mis-steps (picking the wrong window, not being sure which
window I was selecting to view, etc.). In practice, I've found the
window-switching in gnome-shell to be much less "guessy." The talk is only
about 5 minutes long (I went a bit over), and I thought the video might be
helpful for those who are working on Unity.

http://flourishconference.blip.tv/file/4986480/

My portion of the talk starts at about 10:00 minutes in.

Unity docs are in bad shape right now (the doc team balked at signing the
contributor agreement), but are working on them, and are looking to use a
similar framework for Ubuntu docs.  Your feedback is welcome.

Jim

Follow ups