State of launcher items (folded/expanded) inconsistent on unhide

Hello everyone,

I'm using up-to-date Natty with Unity 3.8.4 and I'm seeing a problem with the way items are presented upon launcher unhide. If I'm not not mistaken, then there currently are three ways to unhide the launcher:

    1. Moving the mouse in the top-left corner BFB (home button):
       The launcher unhides with the launcher items expanded, putting
       half of my launcher items off-screen. When moving the mouse
       outside of the BFB, the launcher items fold.

    2. Pressing and holding the Super key:
       The launcher unhides with the launcher items folded, which
       expand a short time later, showing the shortcut overlays.

    3. Pressing Alt + F1 to initiate keyboard navigation:
       The launcher unhides with the launcher items expanded
       and the first launcher item highlighted.

It's my understanding, that when I manually unhide the launcher, I also want to see its _whole_ content (which is the case with disabled autohide). What I would expect to see:

    Case 1:
    Don't expand the launcher items on BFB-mouseover. They'll still
    expand on launcher-mouseover, which IMO is closer to launcher
    interaction than touching the BFB.

    Case 2:
    Don't expand the launcher items when holding down the super key.
    The shortcut overlays for lower launcher items are unreadable
    either because the items are folded or the items are off-screen,
    so I don't see the point in expanding them.

    Case 3:
    Only expanding the launcher items after the first action (key down).

Any thoughts?

Regards,

Hernando Torque

Follow ups