Re: Rendering Status of Elements when Lens is Active

I am totally with you on this one. It looks like the original design was
intended to be a bit different, check out this beautiful mockup:
https://launchpadlibrarian.net/68218500/unity_dash_01.png (Taken from
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ayatana-design/+bug/750374 )
There is a very clear division between launcher, dash, and panel (actually
becoming part of the dash), which we do not have right now.

I am not sure what happened to that concept, but it might just be that there
was not enough time this cycle to implement the design exactly like that.

Otherwise it would be great to hear from one of the Unity devs what the
reasons are why the current dash does not look like the one in that
screenshot.

--Ingo