Window switching

Hi guys,

I've been using Unity on my main desktop for a few days now, and I'm
getting incredibly frustrated with the behaviour of switching between
multiple windows of the same app. Say for example I have three windows
open, and I minimize two of them I can't find a way to get to one of
the minimized windows without restoring them all. Am I missing
something obvious?

What I'd like to happen is clicking the launcher should display all
three open windows, and when I select the one I want, those that were
minimized should remain minimized. The problem extends when you
consider that all 3 windows may be minimized, in which case clicking
the launcher restores all of them! I can't think of a single occasion
where I'd want that to happen.

Is there any chance of getting this behaviour looked at? It's making
Unity unbearable, as I'm continually re-minimizing windows I don't
need.

My recommendation would be that if you have more than 1 window open,
clicking the launcher button would display all the windows and then
all but the selected one would return to its previous state. This
would make the behaviour predictable, it took me a while to figure out
what the current logic actually was!

Thanks,

Luke.

Follow ups